Continuing Professional Development
Continuing professional development (CPD) is a good way to keep your skills up to date. You choose how and when to do the training – it could be a formal course or research on the internet, for example. Your CPD should link with the driver trainer competency framework.
Continuing professional development (CPD) is voluntary training you can take to keep your skills up to date – you decide how you do it and pay any costs involved.
As an approved driving instructor (ADI), you can take CPD in different ways. You can:
- update your teaching or driving skills
- go to local or national meetings or seminars
- research new vehicles for your business
- spend time developing your business skills
- go on formal courses
- spend time on the internet carrying out research
- network with other driver trainers