If you are involved in a collision;
- Stop your car at or near the collision scene
- Avoid moving your car off the road until the insurance company arrives Protect yourself and others from oncoming traffic
- Failure to stop at the scene of a collision in which you are involved can result in your arrest
- Report the collision to your insurance company and local police authorities
- Exchange information with other people involved in the collision as soon as possible
- Get information (e.g., names, addresses, telephone number, drivers license, registration and insurance information) from the other driver(s) involved in the collision
- Get the names and addresses of witnesses to the accident.
- If you hit an unattended vehicle, you must make a reasonable effort to find the owner of the vehicle or property damaged in the collision. If you cannot locate anyone, leave a note with your name and contact information that can be found easily at the scene of the collision. You must also report the collision to the police.