We provide personalized advanced/defensive van /HGV /PSV driver training.
We are ideal for:
- Drivers that have recently started employment driving a bigger vehicle and have little or no experience in driving such a vehicle.
- Drivers that drive a bigger vehicle as a part of their job but are having a couple of too many incidents.
- Companies that wish to coach a variety of their drivers, to assist lower fleet insurance, demonstrate their Duty of Care, and reduce incident rates.
We can provide van driver training in both small and bigger vans up to 3.5 tonnes (that are often used on a traditional, “B” car driving licence) we will also provide training for larger Category C and C1 commercial vehicles.
Take an in-depth check out what elements are covered – more info
Our tutors have helped many “White Man Van” drivers become safer more courteous drivers.
We can provide van driver training in vans, car-derived vans, PSV and HGV vehicles. With our driver training, we focus more on manoeuvres and mirror use, as this is often essential when driving an oversized vehicle, with limited rear vision.
- Advanced planning and observation.
- Understanding and defusing violence
- Rules of the road
- Van Manoeuvres (Right and Left reverse + reversing)
- Advanced mirror use
- Cornering techniques
- Skid control techniques
- All-weather driving
- Psychological elements of driving
- Vehicle handling with loads
- Space management and awareness
- Highway, Town and Rural driving techniques
Following the course, each driver will get a full driving report outlining what was covered, and their overall risk.
Don’t have a van? We don’t supply vans for training. However, if you have a session booked and require a van, we may recommend hiring a van local to yourself, and training can then be arranged to start from the van hire depot. Several customers who needed van training but didn’t have access to a van have taken this feature.
Receive Your Personalised Quote:
To receive a quote based on the numbers you are looking at training, please complete the contact form at the upper right of this page. A member of our team will email you with this information usually within 1 hour during working hours. You can also contact us on 822-9911 / 247-9797.