Our Advanced/Defensive driving courses are personalised to the needs and requirements of businesses of all sizes and sectors, who wish to train a number of drivers, whether they be in one or multiple locations.
We offer driver training in:
We also now run an adverse weather driving course
A course can be run to accommodate your specific training requirements. All customers are assigned a personal account manager, who will deal with them from the initial quote, right the way through to post-course support.
All our tutors are BDTAS (Barbados Driver Training Advisory Services) Trained and Registered Fleet/Advanced tutors who specialise in advanced training for company car and van drivers.
Read our most popular course FAQs
Take an in-depth look at what elements are covered – more info
Our Course Key Facts:
Training starts and ends at any location you wish
We can provide training at multiple sites across Barbados
All tutors are BDTAS (Barbados Driver Training Advisory Services) Trained and Registered
Our most popular course is the 3.5hr on-road session, which costs $450.00 per driver, with discounts for larger numbers. However, if you are planning on training 20 or more drivers, we offer a shorter 2hr 20 min on-road course for just $340 a driver. The same things are covered on the 3.5hr sessions vs 2hr 20 min session. However, the 3.5hr sessions allow longer to train a driver and is selected by around 80% of clients. We also have a 7hr course per driver, which costs $580.00.
As with the 3.5hr and 2hr 20 min course, the same things are covered on a full day, but our tutor has longer with the driver to help iron out bad habits, and longer to introduce and practice various advanced driving techniques. Ideal for more at-risk drivers.
Benefits of Our Advanced/Defensive Driver Training:
- Increase the level of driver safety in your fleet
- Demonstrate your Duty of Care as a business
- Lower fleet costs, including insurance, repair, and fuel costs
- Boost the morale of your drivers
- Identify and address elevated risk drivers in your fleet
- Improve the reputation of your business, especially if you have company branded vehicles
- If you are looking to train 1 to 4 drivers, you can do this online via our booking system.
How a Course Runs:
All our courses are road-based and take place in a driver’s own vehicle. We can provide a theory element is needed or run a classroom session. The course is personalised and based on the needs of the driver, although follows a set format, which covers:
- An Initial Drive– This allows our tutors to assess the drivers level of experience and skill after the initial introductions and vehicle safety checks. We ask a driver to drive the way they normally do with no input from the tutor, for around 45 minutes.
We then mark them in 25 areas of driving, either Excellent, Very Good, Good, Adequate or Poor. This forms an excellent basis to build on the session, as both the driver and tutor can see the areas, which need the most development. This helps create a truly personalised training session.
- Coaching– Based on the initial drive, the coaching will be designed around the needs and requirements of the driver, in an interactive and enjoyable way. We will be driving on a range of roads including urban driving, out of town (rural) driving, and motorway/dual carriageways. During this session, there will be a chance for two-way feedback, along with opportunities to recap what has been covered.
- Debrief– At the end of the course there will be a two way debrief, where the tutor will provide feedback on the session, and where feedback from the driver is also encouraged. The tutor will again mark the driver on the 25 driving areas, which were looked at on the initial drive, making it extremely easy to see how the driver has improved, to what extent, and in what areas.
View a course driving report
This report is sent as a pdf and will be sent to you around 3 days after each training session. Should you wish to start your driver training with an assessment, we offer a risk assessment for all drivers – you can read more at bdtas.com/riskassess
Take a preview into our courses – this video below outlines the things we cover during our rural road training. A popular type of road we like to cover on a course, due to their challenging nature.
We cover a wide range of elements with our courses, which includes:
- Forward planning, observation and anticipation
- Car control
- Dealing with adverse weather
- Speed awareness
- The Limit Point (Advanced)
- The System of Car Control (Advanced)
- Dealing with Road Rage
- Rules of the Road
- Creating a positive driving attitude
- Reversing and manoeuvres (essential for van drivers)
- Driving on rural roads, urban driving and also dual carriageways
- Skid control and much more…
Take a look at just a few tips and teaching points, covered on our courses by our own tutors – more info
Receive Your Personalised Quote:
To receive a quote based on the numbers you are looking at training, please complete the contact form at the upper right of this page. A member of our team will email you with this information usually within 3 hours during working hours. You can also contact us on 822-9911 / 247-9797.