We offer a Mature Driver Assessment. This course is meant for mature drivers, typically aged 60+ who fall under the subsequent categories:
- Have been asked by professionals or loved ones, to take a course to see they’re safe to drive
- They have been involved in a collusion and need to see they’re safe to drive
- They feel their confidence has been dwindling and wish a lift
- They feel they have a variety of bad habits, which have accumulated over the years, which require addressing
- They don’t specifically have any issues, but want to use the time to extend their skill and safety
We also offer highly personalized training and training based around the driver, to allow them to take something positive away from the session, regardless of matter ability.
The driver isn’t just being assessed, but they’re also given insightful tips, techniques, and advice to assist them with their driving.
All our tutors are DTAS registered instructors, who specialize in driver training for full licence holders of all ages and knowledge. Our tutors are caring and sympathetic, and take an understanding, non-judgemental view, and treat every client with the care and courtesy they expect.
What happens – On the day:
Your tutor will call you beforehand to introduce themselves and ensure all details for your session. Your tutor will then meet you at the agreed time and site. we will often start the training from your home, or a mutual location if you favour. After a driver’s license check, we’ll conduct an eyesight test, which involves reading a number plate from around 20 metres.
A safety check of your vehicle will follow, which briefly looks at tyres, bulbs etc to form sure they’re legal. Once these are complete, we will have an initial chat with you, before we allow you to drive how you normally do. This allows us to ascertain what level your driving is currently at.
We record the results on one of our personalized training forms, which scores you from Excellent to Poor during a range of areas, like observation, car control, speed awareness, confidence and more. Once the initial drive is complete, we will have a talk with you and supply feedback about the initial session.
After your initial session, we will then tailor the training around your needs and requirements. During a course we cover a good range of things, which may cover (depending on your needs):
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Advanced cornering techniques
* the way to become a safer driver on all roads
* Rules of the road
* Commentary driving
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dual carriageway driving
* Town and country defensive driving
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Anticipation – Learning to ascertain and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
When the course is complete, we’ll score you again within the key areas, so you’ll be ready to see areas you’ve improved on, and areas, which can need more attention. There will be written notes from the tutor too. This report is sent via email two to five days after the course.
The cost for a 3.5hr session is $300.00. If you wish to enquire about dates and locations or have any questions on how we could assist you, please email or call us. A member of our team will be delighted to assist.