Module 1: 7.2 Mental Conditions that Affect Your Driving
1.7.2 How Can You Rectify Your Mental Health?
- While you are getting ready to drive, you should first assess your preparedness level for driving. If you think your emotions are overwhelming you at the moment, then you should cancel your plans.
- It would be good if you sat in your driving seat and took a few deep, calming, and relaxing breaths.
- If you have a powerful urge to exceed the speed limit, try o resist it as much as you can. Remember, being within the defined speed limits not only guarantees your safety, but it also guarantees the safety of others as well.
- If you get anxious or tensed because of driving in heavy traffic areas, then try to avoid them as much as you can
- Do some exercises, such as jogging or walking, that can provide you relief from your stress.