Skip to content
- To legally and safely turn right from a road (turning right across traffic).
- In a 50km/h zone.
- On a two-way road with intersections to the left and right.
The driver should
- Check the mirrors (inside and outside).
- Check blind spot for traffic by looking over shoulder.
- Indicate right for at least three seconds before starting to turn.
- Position the vehicle in the appropriate lane or to the left of the centre line.
- Check the intersection for hazards.
- Slow the vehicle for the turn, using appropriate gears.
- Give way to pedestrians and other vehicles if required.
- Keep the vehicle in the correct position throughout the turn, using the appropriate lane.
- Drive at an appropriate speed throughout the turn.
- Check the mirrors again when turn completed.
- Accelerate to an appropriate speed after completing the turn.
- Perform the tasks at least three times.