Skip to content
- To legally and safely turn left from a road.
- In a 50–60km/h zone.
- On a two-way road with intersections to the left and right controlled by Stop and/or Give Way signs.
The driver should
- Check the mirrors (inside and outside).
- Check their blind spot by looking over their shoulder.
- Indicate left for at least three seconds before starting to turn.
- Check the intersection for hazards.
- Slow the vehicle for the turn, using appropriate gears.
- Keep the vehicle in the correct position throughout the turn (no less than 1 metre and no more than 2 metres from the kerb).
- Give way to pedestrians and vehicles if required.
- Drive at an appropriate speed throughout the turn.
- Check the mirrors again on completing the turn.
- After finishing the turn, accelerate to an appropriate speed for the traffic flow.
- Perform the tasks at least three times.