- To legally and safely turn left at an intersection with a Give Way sign.
- In a 50–60km/h zone.
- On a two-way road with a 90-degree turn at an intersection that has a Give Way sign.
The driver should
- Check the mirrors (inside and outside).
- Check blind spot for traffic by looking over shoulder.
- Indicate left for at least three seconds before starting to turn.
- Search well ahead through the intersection for hazards.
- Slow the vehicle down for the turn, using appropriate gears.
- Give way to pedestrians and vehicles if required.
- Keep the vehicle in the correct position in the lane throughout the turn (no less than 1 metre and no more than 2 metres from the kerb).
- Drive at an appropriate speed throughout the turn.
- Check the mirrors again when turn completed.
- Accelerate to an appropriate speed after completing the turn.
- Perform the tasks at least three times.