Skip to content
- To start and stop the vehicle’s engine.
- The vehicle should be parked somewhere safe and off the road, such as a driveway.
- The vehicle should have the handbrake/park brake on and be in neutral (manual) or park (automatic).
The driver should
- When starting the engine:
- Make sure the handbrake/park brake is on.
- Make sure the gears are in neutral (manual) or park (automatic).
- Press the clutch pedal with left foot (manual) and press the brake pedal with right foot.
- Turn the ignition key on, then turn it further to start the engine.
- Let the key go as soon as the engine starts.
- Check all gauges and warning lights.
- When stopping the engine:
- Push the clutch in (manual) and press the brake pedal.
- Put handbrake/park brake on.
- Put gears in neutral (manual) or park (automatic).
- Check gauges and warning lights (only handbrake/park brake or park light should be on).
- Turn the ignition key off and remove it from the ignition.
- Perform the tasks at least twice.