Skip to content
- To legally and safely reverse the vehicle in a straight line for 20 metres.
- In a 60km/h zone, on a straight, flat road with light traffic flow.
The driver should
- Choose a safe and appropriate place to stop and carry out the manoeuvre.
- Check the mirrors (inside and outside).
- Indicate left for at least three seconds before starting to move left.
- Position the vehicle next to the kerb.
- Hold down the brake pedal while putting the handbrake/park brake on.
- Hold down the brake pedal while putting the vehicle in reverse gear.
- Check mirrors and blind spots for hazards.
- Turn to look over left shoulder through rear window in the direction the vehicle will travel in.
- Slowly release the handbrake/park brake.
- Press down on the accelerator slightly with right foot and slowly release the clutch pedal.
- Slowly reverse in a straight line for 20 metres, while continuing to look through the rear window.
- Smoothly bring the vehicle to a complete stop.
- Put the car in neutral (manual) or park (automatic), put the handbrake/park brake on and switch off the engine.