Skip to content
- To legally and safely drive the vehicle on a straight road in normal traffic conditions.
- To position the vehicle correctly in relation to the road and other road users.
- To stay within the posted speed limit and maintain place in traffic flow.
- In a 60km/h zone.
- On a two-way road with intersecting roads and no traffic signals (traffic lights).
The driver should
- Keep the vehicle in the centre of the lane.
- Keep the vehicle a safe distance from parked vehicles, kerbside hazards and oncoming vehicles.
- Drive at an appropriate speed for the conditions.
- Maintain their place in the traffic flow and keep a safe following distance (at least a two-second gap).
- Check the mirrors regularly – about every 10 seconds.
- Consistently search forward and to both sides to identify potential hazards.
- Perform the tasks at least three times.